07 July 2008

Secondhand Learning from NECC

Since my last post I have been observing/reading the twitterverse and blogosphere about NECC2008. The NECC conferences are so huge and include such a great variety of content and speakers.

Here's just a summary of a few of the great blogs, links, etc. that I found interesting and helpful.

First, one of my favorite blogs, A Library By Any Other Name, was voted the "best library" EduBlog Awards 2007. This blogger has several great posts about speakers and presentations she attended while at NECC and also EduBloggerCon. Her commentary is very down to earth and easy to understand. She includes some great links. My favorite is the Web 2.0 Smackdown that took place during EduBloggerCon.

Secondly, another of my favorite blogs, Cool Cat Teacher Blog, by Vicki Davis, has many posts about NECC and her presentations at NECC. Her post entitled, NECC to me: Ten of my takeaways, is a simple and thoughtful summary and includes her pic.

A third blog that I read on a regular basis is NeverEndingSearch by Joyce Valenza. Experiencing NECC from home (and again and again) is a post with a summary of her experiences at NECC and includes great links.

NECC 2008 Wrapup and Review is located on the Classroom 2.0 wiki and includes links to all kinds of resources: general, twitter, blog and web search links, photos, ustream and other video links, and podcasts.

Nuggets from NECC 2008 (1) is a post by Wesley Fryer with great notes from one of the panel discussions that took place at NECC. (I think I got to this via Vicki Davis)

TheWallsCameDown wiki has to be from Vicki Davis. The wiki contains a NECC presentation by "a group of panelists who discussed how they channeled their "viral" connections to create a collaborative presentation about the then-emerging web application, Google Presentations".

No comments: