25 August 2008

Little Computer Time...Watching and Listening Instead

Wow! Has it been that long since my last blog? I've been watching the Olympics for the last two weeks so I haven't been using the computer as much as I usually do.

I have been listening to podcasts while cleaning and driving to and fro. I've never read Dracula by Bram Stoker so I downloaded it awhile ago after finding another source for literary podcasts, Lit2Go, from Florida's Educational Technology Clearinghouse.

Lit2Go is a free online collection of stories and poems in Mp3 (audiobook) format. You can:

Download the files to your Mp3 player and listen on the go,
Listen to the Mp3 files on your computer,
View the text on a webpage and read along as you listen,
Print out the stories and poems to make your own book.

The narrator for Dracula was very good, so I'm going back there to download some other titles.

I've also been listening to RezEd podcasts. RezEd(beta)is a community for everything related to learning and virtual worlds.
Each month the site will feature inter-related podcasts, brief best practices, digital resources in the library, and featured blog posts and discussions.
The podcasts have been very interesting for me since I haven't actually tried out any virtual worlds myself and thus far the topics discussed in the podcasts have been informative for any level of user. The month of August has been devoted to school uses of virtual worlds. There are many upcoming learning events within virtual worlds listed too. Makes me want to become more involved with SL.




Turbo Tagger

No comments: